Drozdov Dmitriy Nikolaevich, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Dubinin Viktor Nikolaevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of computer engineering, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vyatkin Valeriy Vladimirovich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, head of the sub-department, Lulea University of Technology (97187, Lulea, Sweden), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Today, when designing industrial cyber-physical systems (ICPS), a great importance is devoted to development of reliable component-based distributed control systems with strict performance requirements. This “ideal” can be approached by common usage of the IEC 61499 international standard and mechanisms for accounting temporal characteristics of the system during its runtime (timeaware computations). The goal of this work is to develop a formal model of IEC 61499 function block systems, extended with temporal attributes, to enable its use in all stages of the ICPS control systems' design.
Materials and methods. The study has been performed using set theory and abstract state machines.
Results. The operational semantics of the IEC 61499 function block systems with timestamps is defined, whose distinct features are formality, usage of unfolded flat FB systems, unique priorities of the execution elements and unified and independent behaviour of the FB interfaces.
Conclusions. The developed formal semantics of IEC 61499 FB systems is a useful model that allows a correct implementation of time-aware systems, significantly simplify the construction of models for verification and simulation, ensure the fairness of the model and completely deterministic execution of FB system at the level of an individual resource.
1. IEC 61499 Function Block. P. 1: Architecture. ed. 2.0, retrieved 12 October 2015.
2. Lee E. A. Sensors. 2015, no. 15 (3), pp. 4837–4869.
3. Weiss M., Eidson J., Barry C., Broman D., Goldin L., Iannucci B., Stanton K. Technical Note (NIST TN). 2015, Report Number: 1867.
4. Dubinin V., Vyatkin V. 4th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN’2006). Singapore, 2006, pp. 6–11.
5. Dubinin V., Vyatkin V. EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems. 2008, vol. 2008, article ID 426713. 10 p. DOI 10.1155/2008/426713.
6. Sünder C., Zoitl A., Christensen J. H., Colla M., Strasser T. 5th IEEE Int. Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN'07). Vienna, Austria, 2007, pp. 1169–1175.
7. Dai W., Pang C., Vyatkin V., Christensen J. H., Guan X. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems. 2017, vol. PP, iss. 99, pp. 1–12.
8. Dubinin V., Vyatkin V., Shalyto A. International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON’2016) (Russia, Moscow, May 12–14, 2016). Moscow, 2016, pp. 1–4.
9. Drozdov D. IEC 61499 function blocks to SMV converter. Available at: https://github.com/dmitrydrozdov/fb2smv